The Transplant Games of America maybe a year away, however the planning and scouting for venues is well on its way. Many of the details are being released and we will bring you the most up to date information as it is made available. As you know, we will be traveling to Birmingham, Alabama for the Games on July 5 – July 10, 2024. The great city of Birmingham is known as the birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement.
Here is a list of some of the attractions you want to make time to include:
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Vulcan Park & Museum
- Protective Stadium
- Regent Stadium
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- Birmingham Zoo
- Civil Rights Institute
Ninety percent of all activities will take place in the heart of the city, surrounding the BJCC Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex. View a map at https://bjcc.org/pdf/BJCC_Map.pdf Look for activities to be within walking distance from Convention Center and many of the hotels.
Some exciting new changes and updates for this year include:
- Opening Ceremonies will return to the traditional Team March-in Parade. They will be held in the Legacy Arena on Saturday night (B on the map)
- Swimming and Track will be held indoors at the state-of-the-art Birmingham Crossplex
- Field events will be held at the Birmingham Southern College
- TGA Village will be located in the convention center (D & F on the Map)
- The Donor Tribute will be at the Concert Hall (C on the Map)
- Bowling will be held at Vestavia Bowling
- Donor Family Trivia will be a medaling event this year
- Expect a Birmingham Barons Baseball Game option
Here are a few important upcoming dates:
January 5, 2024 – Early Registration begins
May 1, 2024 – Late Registration begins
Competitors must have received or donated before Oct. 6, 2023
We are looking forward to an exciting 2024 Games in Birmingham. The Team has already been hard at work raising funds out at Pro Auto Sports Track. In addition, the Team is selling Click Tickets. Tickets are $25 each and all the funds we raise stays right here with our team. We need Team members to help sell tickets If you are interested, reach out to Tila, email@example.com, to get a pack of tickets to sell. Or you can purchase your own tickets at https://www.transplantaz.org/shop/raffle-ticket/ for a chance to win a 2023 Ford Bronco Raptor, 2 first-class, round-trip tickets to anywhere in the world or $5,000 cash.